Tuesday 16 July 2013

One Fish, Two Fish...

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to write my blog for this past weekend, but I have been pretty bust at work and by the time I get home, eat, work out (I just started again) and shower, I am exhausted. But, all worries aside, I will break down the weekend for everyone. It was a REAL good one!

Friday: Friday was nothing special. I went to work and helped out with my intern duties, came home and hung out with everyone for a few and then we all went out to Side show again (I have come to the conclusion that while we all enjoy branching out and exploring different restaurants and bars, Friday is designated strictly to Sideshow.) It was fun once again, but nothing that cool happened. Onto Saturday.

Saturday: So I thought Saturday was going to be a really boring day because everyone in the MSU group and in the program signed up to go to a wine festival about an hour away, but I forgot to sign up, so I figured I would just hangout and watch movies all day. I woke up to find that my roommates Jack and Kory also forgot to sign up, so we all decided to have a guys day (it ended up working out really good that we didn't go because although everyone had fun, the weather was rainy and cold the whole day and the festival was outside.) The three of us hung out for a few then decided to go to the Two Oceans Aquarium at the Waterfront and hangout there for the rest of the day. When we got to the aquarium, we found that it was only $11.00 to get in and it ended up being really awesome. It was a little bit smaller than some of the other aquariums that I have seen, but the fish that we saw were great. We got to see the Predator Tank, in which we saw everything from sea turtles to giant fish and even saw some sharks! While all of the fish were really cool, the best part of the whole trip was when we saw a bunch of people slowly walking up a ramp, and when we got to a clearing, we saw that everyone was slowly following a group of penguins walking back to their home at the zoo (at one point, there was about 10 penguins walking in single file line.) We got to watch the penguins get fed and I even came about two feet from a penguin as well. After the aquarium adventure, we went to McDonald's and feasted since I have not had fast food in over a month (that's long for me.) After we returned home and ended waterfront excursion, we went out to a bar called Zula and had a really good time (the bar was celebrating its 8th birthday, so shots and beer was 8Rand.....that's $0.80!)
 
Entrance to Two Oceans Aquarium
I got up close and personal


Its stomach was bigger than my hand
Find Nemo






Pretty intimidating huh?




Sunday: Once again, we all got up Sunday morning and decided to go to Mzoli's (Like I said, this is also quickly becoming a tradition because the place is so cool.) We were much more prepared for our trip to Mzoli's this time because we bought alcohol, snacks, and left early enough so that we could reserve a few tables for our large group of Spartans. It turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day filled with drinking, dancing and eating large portions of excellent steak. By the time we all came home, it was about 6:00pm and by the amount of eating and drinking, I was tucked in bed by 9:00.

This past weekend was a lot of fun because it was quite relaxing. We have been doing so many activities throughout the trip that it was nice to just hangout and make make our own plans for once. The trip is already over halfway complete and I cannot believe how quickly it has passed. The next few weeks hold A TON of activities for us all and I cannot wait to let you guys all know what adventures I am about to encounter (get excited because they are pretty intense!) I miss everyone and will see you all before I know it! Peace and Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment