Thursday 13 June 2013

Day 11

So I didn't blog yesterday because nothing exciting really happened. I got up, went to work, came home, and just hung out (I'm feeling like most weekdays are going to be like this, which is okay, but its nothing to blog about.) Today has pretty much been the same so far, except for the fact that I would like to blog about my lunch the past two days. There is this gas station down the street from the office called Engen, but its basically like a grocery store (they sell stuff like chicken, ground beef, vegetables, etc.) In the back of the gas station is a little bakery that I didn't notice until yesterday. I went to see what it had to offer, and boy let me tell you. They have tons a pastries and donuts and cookies and cakes, but then they have a salty section with little pies (they look the little chicken pot pies.) I looked at the price and almost crapped myself. For a good sized pie filled with feta and spinach, it was 14.5 Rand (that's basically $1.40.) I snatched that bugger right up and let me tell you, Olga's has got some competition. Like, Jesus Christ. So, today I was pumped to head back to the weird gas station grocery store and try another flavor. I got a little too carried away and ordered the cheeseburger pie, and it was disgusting (it was not real burger meat.) So, it looks like I'm sticking to my feta and spinach one. I have been losing weight on this trip because I eat like two times a day, but now that I found these little guys I'm well on my way to American size. The also have huge salads for 17 Rand ($1.70.) So, I thought everyone should know about my lunch at engine because it was a great experience. Also, throughout the week, I will more than likely be blogging about really random stuff (like my lunch.) Also, instead of doing our own laundry here in good ol Cape Town, we went and dropped it off at some little shop down the street and it only cost $3.50 for a load. After work, I came home and saw that our entire apartment was clean because Hilda the magnificent (the cleaning lady) came over and worked her magic. Kevin, Nathaniel and I went to the grocery store and I got a ton of food because I didn't have anything. Overall, today was a pretty good day, but like I said, weekday blogs are going to be a little dry, but no fear America, my weekend blogs will rock your world. Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment