Monday 10 June 2013

Day 9

Today started out as a typical Monday and ended in a way that I was not expecting. I got to work around 8:30am and met everyone outside (we had to wait for the girl who had the keys for about a half hour because she got caught in traffic.) The new intern showed up and turned out to be really cool! (she is from South Africa but goes to school in Holland) Most of the people in the office had to leave around 10:00 to go to a photo shoot for a magazine cover that they are featuring this month, and the new intern and I stayed back and worked on a few tasks until about 4:00, and then we got a call telling us to meet the other workers at the restaurant in which the photo shoot was taking place. We drove to the Kloof Street House, which is where the shoot was taking place, and we found that it was a really cool Mediterranean decorated restaurant. The entire restaurant was closed down for the photo shoot, and when we walked in, we found that it was a LEGIT magazine photo shoot (I was expecting some small scale shoot, but they had photographers, hair stylists, makeup artists, and three models) I was fortunate enough to meet the models when I walked in (each was easily a 9.5/10) and right away they grabbed the new intern and I and put us in chairs in front of mirrors. The started playing with the other interns hair and putting makeup on her, and I had no idea what was about to happen to me. (We also had no idea that we were going to have our pictures taken, but we were lucky that we were wearing all black and I had a tie on.) They started doing my hair and put makeup on me (not my proudest moment) but it was so my face wasn’t shiny in the photographs. After the models were done (no, I didn’t get to take pictures with them) they pulled all of us into a room that was decorated like an old fashion library with a huge leather couch and started positioning us for Vivid’s staff picture. The shoot was pretty interesting, seeing as though I had never been to one before, but it ended up being really cool! After we had our pictures taken, we cleaned everything up and headed back to the office. We got back at around 5:20, and I was expecting to start my walk home, but to my surprise our boss wanted to take us all out for a drink since we all looked so nice. We got in the car and went to a place called Mount Nelson, which was a HUGE gated building with security guards and pillars at the entrance. (supposedly it is a widely popular historical place in Cape Town that has tunnels under it from many years ago.) We walked in to a huge building with doormen and servers dressed in suits. We sat down in a room filled with really nice couches and a huge bar, and a server came up to us and put down a champagne glass in front of each one of us. My boss bought us a really nice bottle of champagne and we all sat and talked to about an hour. It turned out to be a really fun evening and I got to know my co-workers on a more personal level. Everyday here in Cape Town seems to be somewhat of an adventure and it is always something to look forward to. The weather was really nice today and I am hoping that it continues (Mark) throughout the week. I am excited to see what this coming week has in store for me and once again, I am excited to share it with you all! I love and miss everyone!



P.S. We bought our tickets to our first rugby game today and we are all going on June 29!
 


 This is Kloof Street House, where the photo shoot was.
 This was the room in which my co-workers and I were photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment