Saturday 8 June 2013

Day 7

Sorry about the missing blog for day number 6. We didn’t do very much and the Internet was absolutely horrible all day. Yesterday was Friday, and work turned out to be really fun. At around 11:00am, I went with my two other co-workers to downtown Cape Town to look at different outfits for a photo shoot that is taking place on Monday. Mind you, I have zero experience when it comes to fashion, and I had no idea what they were talking about, but they took me along just so I could see some side tasks that the company does throughout the day. After meeting a South African designer (I guess he is a pretty big deal around here) we went to the restaurant where the photo shoot will be taking place, and then the three of us went out to lunch to a little café called Marias, and they bought me my lunch. (the food was REALLY good) After work ended, I came home to meet everyone and see what the evening plans were. We went over to Caitlyn, Nicole, Chelsea, and Sahar’s room (the other MSU students) and started drinking and hanging out. After drinks were flowing for a little while, we hauled our drunken butts down the stairs to go to a club called Purple Turtle. The place was really cool and had really weird (but again, cool) music and the people dancing looked so funny (nobody touches when they dance here, everyone just does there own thing and kind of looks like they are on SOME sort of drug.) We left the Purple Turtle and headed to another club called Chrome, and it turned out to be one of the coolest clubs that I have ever seen. Caitlyn, Kevin, Kory, and I (The others went to different bars or went home) walked into the building to pay cover and found that it was really modern and cool looking. After we paid, we were told to walk down this dark hallway to the club (seemed a little sketchy at first) but once we got to the end we entered a HUGE room that was filled with a ton of people and really good music. We drank a few fish bowls, which are really good but really dangerous, and then left around 1:30am. This morning, we got up and went down the street to KFC (were branching out a lot in Africa…) and then we all decided to go to Muizenberg, which is about a half hour cab ride, and it was BEAUTFUL! It was right on the ocean and surrounded by the mountains and we took a bunch of pictures on the beach! We all ate at a fish and chips restaurant on the water and then it started raining, so we decided to leave and come back on a better day. After getting back, we all went to the sauna and ordered a pizza, and now we are all getting ready to go back to Chrome. Today was REALLY cool seeing South Africa’s coastal line, and I am looking forward to exploring some more places while I am here! Each day is getting better and better and I am still loving this trip. I love and miss you all and will try to post some more pictures tomorrow. Were hiking up Devil’s Peak Mountain!
 Me and the roommates

The colorful shacks right on the beach (me, Nicole, Caitlyn, and Nathaniel)

No comments:

Post a Comment