Thursday 6 June 2013

Day 5

Today was a really good day. The weather was PERFECT outside and I think it was the first day that I could see the top of Table Mountain. We all woke up this morning a LITTLE hung-over since we went out last night, but I felt fine after I got ready. I decided to leave a little bit later today since I got to work way earlier than everyone else the first two days, and I arrived right as everyone else did. After saying hi to everyone and having a cup of tea, we went upstairs and started working. One of the girls downstairs had to make a mail run to pick up some magazines for the company and asked if I wanted to go in case I was told to make the run in the future. It was a really nice walk and it is not far at all from the building, and the mountains were visible in every which way that I looked. As we were walking, I asked her what she would recommend for me and the other international students to do while we are here, and she gave me so many ideas. She told me of an amusement park, the different beaches, the wine lands, and so much more. When I came back, I checked my email and to my surprise found out that next weekend, our group of MSU students is going to Stellenbosch (a vineyard a few hours away that is supposed to be beautiful.) After checking a few emails, I had to go through the magazine library at work to find the feature writer information, and after that I had a few more small tasks to complete. I found out that I am going to be helping out with an event called the Big Bottle Festival which is a festival in August that consists of huge bottles of wine (like 6-10 litres of wine per bottle.) So work went pretty good today, and I guess there is another American intern coming in next week! But after work is drinks night tonight (the program has drinks night every second Thursday for all of the international students to meet each other and hopefully find the women of their dreams...just kidding) So I typed this blog earlier today, and now I'm finishing. We went to drinks night and we met a few people, but the Spartans stuck together and I think we are the most fun group out of anyone here (there is like 15 of us and everyone is really cool.) But now I am in bed and I'm super tired once again (this has been the longest week of my life with everything going on) but I am still really happy with everything that I am doing. I am excited for work tomorrow, and even more excited for the weekend that is ahead of me! Obviously, I am still alive, and I am finally getting into the swing of things in Cape Town. I love and miss you all and cant wait to post some awesome pictures for you this weekend! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment